Re: tetex on unstable: dvips (5.92b) -Ppdf problem

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:40:02 +0900
Nick Hastings <hastings@bmail.kek.jp> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> * Mark M <markrmau@yahoo.com.au> [031014 10:50]:
> > Hi,
> > I am using unstable with dvips 5.92b. When I try:
> >
> > dvips -Ppdf process.dvi -o process.ps
>
> I might be missing something but doesn't the -P flag specify a printer
> and -o specifies an output file? Surely you only want one or the
> other.
 I think that he is using -Ppdf to make sure that the pdf text is
readable on the screen. I believe that this option has some bearing on
the way the fonts are handled. And then he makes the program vomit the
output into the file with -o.