Re: Use of apt-proxy with net install of sarge

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 22:28, Paul E Condon wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 10:28:56AM +0200, Chris Halls wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 10:15:54PM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > > But, I can't figure out what I should tell the netinstall software when it
> > > asks me to specify a mirror. Some particulars of my system:

Say, are you talking about the installation step 'installing the base
system'? I never managed to get those served through my apt-proxy,
either.

If anyone ever has, please tell me how.

The proxy serves any apt-get requests good enough (though while I'm at
it, I'd like to complain about the long latency times).
Just for the fun of it, I just tried it manually:

schnobs@pferd:~$ wget
http://zwerg:9999/main/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/base-images-current/basedebs.tar
--03:17:15--
http://zwerg:9999/main/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/base-images-current/basedebs.tar
           => `basedebs.tar'
Resolving zwerg... done.
Connecting to zwerg[192.168.1.1]:9999... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Unknown extension.
03:17:16 ERROR 404: Unknown extension..

By the way: how does apt-get catch the files? Until now, I thought it
calls wget. But then I noticed that I first had to get wget myself in
order to run my little test.

cu,
Schnobs