Re: Use of apt-proxy with net install of sarge

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 10:15:54PM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> But, I can't figure out what I should tell the netinstall software when it
> asks me to specify a mirror. Some particulars of my system:

> The url of the host running apt-proxy is cmn.lan.gnu .
> A sample line in a using host sources.list is
>     deb http://cmn.lan.gnu:9999/main woody main contrib non-free

> What do I type on a newly attached machine to get it to make use
> of the apt-cache for a net install of sarge? Or is this proto-feature
> not implemented?

Quoting from apt-proxy's README:

---------
Q: What else is apt-proxy known to work with?  How do I configure it?
[...]
A2: debootstrap, which uses wget.  This means you can easily install new
    machine using the packages out of your apt-proxy cache.  In boot floppies,
    specify http://APTPROXY:9999/main as your debian mirror (replacing APTPROXY
    with the name or IP address of the machine where apt-proxy is running).
---------

In your case, tell it your debian mirror is at:

  http://cmn.lan.gnu:9999/main

Chris