Re: DRI in XFree86 4.2

On Sunday 12 October 2003 21:54, dwa2@eng.buffalo.edu wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I'm running Debian unstable and I'm attempting to get DRI working with
my Voodoo5 (AGP). I can't figure out where my problem lies, everything
seems correct. Help would be greatly appreciated.

> I'm running Linux 2.4.22-smp (installed from the debian package) and
XFree86 4.2.1.1.

> I've installed the device3dfx-source package and compiled the module as
per the instructions. 'lsmod' lists the tdfx module as being present as
well.

> The agpgart module is also present on the system, but does not seem to
be used (?).

> My XF86 configuration is using the 'tdfx' driver, and loads the GLcore,
dri, and glx modules. I also have a DRI section which sets the mode to
0666. The full XF86Config-4 file can be seen here: http://
bombadil.starkindler.us/XF86Config-4

> /dev/3dfx, /dev/dri/card0, and /dev/agpgart are also all present on the
system:

> crw-rw-rw-    1 root     video     10, 175 Oct  9 12:56 /dev/agpgart
> crw-rw-rw-    1 root     video    107,   0 Oct 11 15:21 /dev/3dfx
> crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root     226,   0 Oct 12 16:18 /dev/dri/card0
>
> glxinfo doesn't give any errors, only that direct rendering is not
enabled. The full output of glxinfo is available at http://
bombadil.starkindler.us/glxinfo

> The XFree86 log also does not have any errors that I can see. In fact,
at one point it states that 'TDFX(0): Direct rendering enabled'. The full
XFree86.0.log file is available here: http://bombadil.starkindler.us/
XFree86.log

> If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> -David

Strange - couldn't see any critical errors in the XF86 log.  Are you using
xinerama?  I believe that on some cards at least, it's incompatible with
3d acceleration.  I don't know if the frame buffer stuff could be
confusing the issue either.

LeeE