Re: windows NT

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 01:15:46AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 01:04:53AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > its appearance. I'd suggest applying Occam's razor: the simplest
>
> For those who don't know Occam's Razor, it's sometimes also called
> Bob's Motto (Bob being the name of all Tech Support reps).  "Never
> attribute to malice what can be readily explained by stupidity."

The canonical wording is "Entities should not be multiplied beyond
necessity", although as the originator, William of Occam / Ockham, was
a 12th century monk he probably used other words, maybe Latin ones.
It's often expressed as "pick the simplest explanation that fits the
facts".

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons