Re: windows NT

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 07:09:01PM -0400, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
> >Your question makes no sense.
> >
> >Debian is an entire operating system and does not run "on" another
> >operating system.
> >
> >If you have something like VMware installed on your NT 4 system, then
> >Debian can run in that.
[...]
> That message is actually from an email address harvesting spambot of
> some sort.  We've been seening these on the list for the last few weeks.
> They are usually very general, like: "My printer doesn't work.  How can
> I fix it?"  This one is just plain stupid, or beyond.

Er, no. debian-user has seen questions like the original poster's for a
long, long time, years before what appears to be the current bot made
its appearance. I'd suggest applying Occam's razor: the simplest
explanation is that the poster is confused about what Debian is,
therefore that explanation should be believed unless you have good
evidence to the contrary.

None of the previous posts you're referring to even mentioned Debian at
all.

Cheers,