Re: Debian and KDE (Update 3, It works!! )

Once again, thank you to all who responded to the above.

When logged in as "root" I can access "kppp" from the command line. I can
also access it from the "Internet Dialer" icon from within KDE.

As a user in KDE and using the "Internet Dialer" icon I am still getting:

KDEInit could not launch 'kppp': Could not find 'kppp' executable.

> what you need to do is change the permissions on kppp. Open konqueror in
> Super User mode. you will find the menu entry for this is in system>more
> programs. go to /usr/bin and sroll down until you find the kppp entry.
> right click on it to get the properties srceen. select the perrmissions tab
> and select the exec/others option. then try kppp again.
>
> Note: for changing perrmissions, which is what we are doing here, there is
> a faster way from the command line. If any one knows this please post it.
>
> hope this helps
>
> pete

This solved the problem in part. It allowed me to dial out but it immediately
died with a pppd problem. It turned out that because I had already set up a
dialup, when I was installing, it caused a conflict with kppp. The problem
was solved be adding "noauth" under the "pppd" in the modem setup.

Thanks again,

Bill.

William Bradley
Come visit us at: