Re: Need feedback concerning PVR/DVR, Home threatre setup!

> Dear:  Fellow Debian users;
> I was thinking about using a micro-atx case and board probably using
> an AMD chip, then getting the supported hardware for the pvr.  I was
> thinking about going the VIA mini-itx way but the cases are almost as
> expensive as the motherboard chip combo.  I also would like to have
> it crunch RC5-72 in its spare time.  Since I know that Mythtv.org has
> a dedicated following of Debian developers, that is one reason I
> thought to ask here.  Also as you all know Debian will be the
> Gnu/linux of choice.

You can get micro-itx systems for <$200 from idot.com, complete.
I don't know how they related to PVR applications.

> I have most of the hardware on site, and could put a midtower case and
> a WiFi card next to the TV but my wife wouldn't want a beige case
> sitting next to the TV, also WiFI will be slow to move files on the
> network.  But once again the wife does not like cables, or anything
> extra by the TV that looks out of place.

You can get basic black cases easily enough and it may not look any more
out of place than having a DVD recorder next to a VCR.