Re: Printing help, please.

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:20:35 -0600
Dave Thayer <X0323022.lists.dmthayer@spamgourmet.com> wrote:

> I've been using an ML-1210 with CUPS on a system tracking unstable for
> about a year and a half, so sometime in that period it must have been
> working with what now is the stable distro...
>
> The one thing I had to do that sticks out in my mind was that I had to
> switch from gs-aladdin to the regular (GNU) gs package to get the
> Samsung SmartGDI driver support. If you type gs --help you should see
> "samsunggdi" somewhere in the supported devices list.

I followed the directions for ML-1210 and CUPS at www.linuxprinting.org.

When I did "gs --help" I didn't see "samsunggdi" but I did see "gdi", and
one of the lines of the Samsung-ML-1210.ppd is

*PCFileName:    "GDI.PPD"

So I thought I had that part covered.

When I tried to send test pages to the printer, the printer woke up but
never actually printed anything. The web admin page showed that the job had
printed, and error_log also said the job had completed without any problems.

Kevin