Re: Traditional Install or Knoppix?

On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 04:15, Robert Epprecht wrote:
> Darryl Barlow <darrylb@iprimus.com.au> writes:
>
> > is there any disadvantage to installing knoppix and then using
> > dist-upgrade?
>
> KNOPPIX is a wonderful system and it's hardware recognition can
> help installation a lot.
>
> But: it's a mix from stable/testing/unstable and upgrading from it
> will be difficult.
>
> IMHO it's better to start with a 'stable' installation.

Since sid is your goal, it would be easy to start with the Ole Miss
lordstuch ISO to get a *small* stable system, then immediately jump
to sid.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net           |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                            |
| "Man, I'm pretty.  Hoo Hah!"                                  |
|    Johnny Bravo                                               |