Re: Managing Palm Addresses

also sprach Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com> [2003.07.17.1814 +0200]:
> If you're not allergic to desktop environments, the KDE address book can
> import CSV (and other common formats) and has terrific Kpilot support.  Just
> yesterday I was able to export my BBDB (Emacs) addressbook to CSV, import it
> to "Address Manager", and sync it to my Palm.

Well, I use WindowMaker, so yes, I am kind of allergic to KDE,
especially since kaddressbook+kpilot (with the necessary 14
dependencies) are an additional 52Mb of disk space. Wow.

Anyhow, I am giving it a try...

Mh, looks quite nice, and it seems to work, even though entering
data into that GUI is a pain!

Anyhow, have you found a way to associate some of the fields of
kaddressbook (e.g. Birthday) with the Custom fields of the Palm?

`. `'`