Re: Kernel 2.4.20 compilation errors

> Tom Verbreyt wrote:
>
>> In file included from ide-cd.c:318:
>> ide-cd.h:440: error: long, short, signed or unsigned used invalidly for
>> 'slot_tablelen'
>> make[3]: *** [ide-cd.o] Error 1
>> make[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/.../drivers/ide'
>> make[2]: *** [first_rule] Error 2
>> make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/.../drivers/ide'
>> make[1]: *** [_subdir_ide] Error 2
>> make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/.../drivers'
>> make: *** [_dir_drivers] Error 2
>
> Which compiler do you use?

Ehm... Should've mentioned that of course.

ii  gcc            3.3-1       The GNU C compiler
ii  gcc-3.3        3.3-2       The GNU C compiler
ii  gcc-3.3-base   3.3-2       The GNU Compiler Collection (...)

And while I'm at it, some more detail might be useful: I've tried
compiling with kernel-source from three different locations, so I guess
that shouldn't be the problem. I have bin86 (0.16.3), libc5, libc6 and
libc6-dev installed...

When the bzImage-stage ended in errors for the fifth time, I tried with
just disabling IDE/ATAPI CDROM support in the kernel configuration,
because I was hoping that SCSI Emulation wouldn't need the original IDE
support. However, I had no chance of getting to know that, since other
errors occurred (with ReiserFS support, to be precise).

I really don't have a clue... :( Couldn't there be something very very
obvious I'm just overlooking?

Greets,
Tom

--