Re: postgreSQL install - user password

On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 05:27, Cameron Hutchison wrote:
> Once upon a time Kevin Coyner said...
> >
> > As I dig through the docs, I find that I need to su postgres in order to
> > create other users. Problem is that if I su postgres, I get queried for
> > a password.  I've tried the obvious, including nothing, but haven't got
> > in as postgres yet.
>
> su to root first. Then when you su to postgres, you wont need to enter a
> password.

Once you are root, do "su - postgres" rather than just "su postgres";
this sets you up as for a direct login by postgres.

     "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the
      world. If any man love the world, the love of the
      Father is not in him...And the world passeth away, and
      the lust thereof; but he that doeth the will of God
      abideth for ever."             I John 2:15,17