Re: Radeon 9000 Pro anyone?

HI All & Peter,

Whoops, I meant to type in 9000, in a crucial sentence & did not....

Just to bee clear, I have a Power Color Radeon 9000 Pro 128 & the DRI stuff gets it going in Tux!

Now, download & enjoy!  :-)

*BFN*

Greek Geek  :-)

http://bofhcam.org/co-larters/lart-reference/

Peter S Galbraith wrote:

Haralambos Geortgilakis <haralambos@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

Hi Peter,

some Debianista's gets it a going with the ATI drivers & some not....

Surf thru this lists archive

Didn't find anything in recent months anyway concerning the 9000.

                            or have a look at the forums @ ....

http://www.rage3d.com/

Personally, after much coffee, conjecture & cursing, I got my Radeon 128meg
Pro up, with drivers from....

http://dri.sourceforge.net/

Interesting, but they don't state that it supports the 9000 Pro (It
stops at 8500/R200).  You have a 9000 Pro?  This works with XFree 4.2.1?

Thanks!

My brother gave me a 128MB Radeon 9000 Pro for Christmas to replace my
aging 8MB Matrox G200.  Does anyone here have one?

For drivers, ATI distributes a binary RPM package here:

http://mirror.ati.com/support/drivers/linux/radeon-linux.html

which says: "Fixed in this driver:

* fglrxconfig program lists Radeon 9000 Pro and 9500 Pro."

Has anyone tried it?  Did you simply use `alien' to convert the RPM
package?

I hear that the card will be supported under XFree 4.3, due out soon
(except I'll have to wait for Debian packages, or figure out which
binaries to drop in place).

I also found this:
http://home.t-online.de/home/hburde/linux.html
which says "The simple, 2nd solution is to fake a Radeon 8500 which is
supported and compatible with the Radeon 9000." and provides a
XF86Config file 'driver section'.

I'm reluctant to pull-out my old Matrox until I know the new card will
work.

Thanks for any advice!