Radeon 9000 Pro anyone?

My brother gave me a 128MB Radeon 9000 Pro for Christmas to replace my
aging 8MB Matrox G200.  Does anyone here have one?

For drivers, ATI distributes a binary RPM package here:

 http://mirror.ati.com/support/drivers/linux/radeon-linux.html

which says:
 "Fixed in this driver:

  * fglrxconfig program lists Radeon 9000 Pro and 9500 Pro."

Has anyone tried it?  Did you simply use `alien' to convert the RPM
package?

I hear that the card will be supported under XFree 4.3, due out soon
(except I'll have to wait for Debian packages, or figure out which
binaries to drop in place).

I also found this:
 http://home.t-online.de/home/hburde/linux.html
which says "The simple, 2nd solution is to fake a Radeon 8500 which is
supported and compatible with the Radeon 9000." and provides a
XF86Config file 'driver section'.

I'm reluctant to pull-out my old Matrox until I know the new card will
work.

Thanks for any advice!

Peter