Re: Cupsys & printer

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 04:08:16AM -0500, thanhvunguyen wrote:
> Hello, I used cupsysd for my USB printer on Sid before, now I switched
> to Woody. I reconfigure everything via the web interface on port 631
> exactly as I did before. But for some reasons it seems that nothing is
> sent to the printer.  I am suspecting that linux doesn't configure
> /dev/usb/lp0 as where my printer is connected to.  What can I do to
> check to see where my printer is connected to ?  Is there some file that
> shows where the printer is at ?
>
> The kernel is configured with usb printer support. The module 'printer'
> is loaded.  Via the web-interface of cups, I can configure the printer
> and other details fine. Only thing is nothing gets sent to the printer.

Check /var/log/messages to see how it is registered. You may have to
unplug it from the usb port and plug it back in.

Alternative: mount devfs on /dev. devfs will only create device that
exist on your computer. I expect the printer would appear as
/dev/printers/0 and /dev/lp0 will be a symlink to printers/0.

--
Jerome