Re: Cannot run X - missing /dev/mouse

I am still not getting a mouse in X. I tried this:

cat /dev/mouse

moved the mouse around, and got garbage characters on the screen. This
means the mouse driver is loaded and working doesn't it?

Why won't it work in X?

In /var/log/XFree86.0.log, I am still getting the message:

"Cannot determine the mouse protocol"

Thanks again.

Andrew