Re: sshd idletimeout

This one time, at band camp, Rus Foster said:
> Hi,
> I've been trying to workout if the OpenSSH shipped with woody support
> idleTimeout? I'm not having much luck to get it working
>
> /etc/ssh/sshd_config: line 79: Bad configuration option: IdleTimeOut
> /etc/ssh/sshd_config: terminating, 1 bad configuration options
>

> Will have to setup autologout times within the shell for users?

I just took a look at the man page for both sshd and sshd_config, and I
don't seen an option for IdleTimeout.  There is:

ClientAliveInterval
        Sets a timeout interval in seconds after which if no data has
        been received from the client, sshd will send a message through
        the encrypted channel to request a response from the client.  The
        default is 0, indicating that these messages will not be sent to
        the client.  This option applies to protocol version 2 only.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, though.  If you're just
looking to log out dle users after a certain period of time, check out:

Package: autolog
Section: admin
Installed-Size: 108
Maintainer: Nicolás Lichtmaier <nick@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 0.35-10.1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4), cron (>= 3.0pl1-42)
Recommends: mail-transport-agent
Filename: pool/main/a/autolog/autolog_0.35-10.1_i386.deb
Size: 19628
MD5sum: 774bca118a2f307f612f640b281eb6ad
 Autolog terminates connections considered to be idle based on a large
 variety of parameters.

HTH,
|  Stephen Gran                  | You can't carve your way to success     |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | without cutting remarks.                |