Re: debian lockup, fsck fail ....

Dave Selby said:

> Are the above lost files ? If so how do I know what is what and how do I
> put  them back ?

they are lost data, could be portions of files. very difficult to
determine what is what, you can try to cat them and if they are text files
you may be able to determine what file it came from. In many cases your
best off restoring from a backup when/if you determine you lost something
of interest. I view these files much like the FILE####.CHK files generated
by MS Scandisk on win32 systems.

nate