Re: Compiling a kernel without making a .deb package.

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

dselect #get latest kernel src package
cd /usr/src/kernel-source-<version>
make mrproper #clean any leftover compile stuff

I tried this a few days ago, but I hadn't read the makefile to know what mrproper was doing and I lost my old config file which I had renamed, IIRC, as .config_OLD or .config_org :(

So now if I use mrproper, I *always* save my .config to some other directory, in my case in a tmp in a user's home.

->HS

--
(Remove all underscores from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)