Re: "Red Hat recommends Windows for consumers"

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 at 17:14 GMT, Wolfgang Pfeiffer penned:
> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/0,39020330,39117575,00.htm

This was on slashdot and people really freaked out about it.

The guy is saying that RedHat is great for businesses, even for
corporate user machines, but that he has trouble seeing his grandfather
wanting to learn how to run linux.

To some extent, I can't disagree with him.   My mom bought my dad a
digital camera a couple of years ago.  Neither of them know a thing
about computers, really, but amazingly enough, dad was able to get his
pictures from the camera to his computer without my help.  On windows.
I have trouble picturing (no pun intended) him doing the same on linux.

--
monique
PLEASE don't CC me.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.