Re: classic deficiancy in both windows and linux ?

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 11:43:12AM -0400, Mental Patient wrote:

| The one thing perl has on python is that there's an imagemagic
| module for perl. My python scripts are doing lots of os.system()
| calls :)

Perhaps the PIL (Python Imaging Library) package would be more
suitable for you?

Even if your scripts are pretty much hard-wired to do exactly what you
want, that is just fine.  You wrote it, you use it, it gets the job
done.  Flexibility and configuration are only important when the
program needs to fit into varying environments and solve variations of
a given problem.  For personal-use code it isn't such a big deal.
I've seen a good number of cases where a program was originally
hard-coded to behave one way, and then grew a configuration option to
control only after finding real-world situations where a different
behavior was needed.

-D

--
Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved
person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/