Re: Executing a Script every hour

* Christof Hurschler <hurschler@gmx.de> [2003-09-30 12:35]:
> Is there a simpe way to have a script execute at shorter time
> intervals. I'd like to run the swendeleter.pl script automatically
> every so often to keep my mailbox from overfiling.

I think you looked in the wrong place (took me a while, as well), from
'man 5 crontab':

#v+
    Commands  are  executed  by  cron(8)  when the minute, hour, and
    month of year fields match the current time, and when at least one
    of the two day fields (day of month, or day of week) match the
    current  time  (see  ``Note''  below).   cron(8) examines cron
    entries once every minute.  The time and date fields are:

        field           allowed values
        -----           --------------
        minute          0-59
        hour            0-23
        day of month    1-31
        month           1-12 (or names, see below)
        day of week     0-7 (0 or 7 is Sun, or use names)
#v-

Hope that helps...

Regards,
--