Re: remap caps lock key to control

Howdy,

* tvn <tvn1981@flashmail.com> [030919 11:49]:
> I used the following in .Xmodmap ,  it behaves somewhat as the control
> key except Control (Caps Lock) + a should move to the beginning of the
> line, but in my case it doesn't .  The normal Control key works fine
> though.  Any idea/suggestion ?  This is a laptop btw, but the keycode
> for caps lock is still 66
>
> keycode 66 = Control_L
> clear Lock
> add Control = Control_L

I turn my Caps Lock into Control with:

remove Lock = Caps_Lock
keysym Caps_Lock = Control_L
add Control = Control_L

I think this is a more portable/better solution since it does not
require that Caps Lock aways has the same code.

And yes,  "Control (Caps Lock) + a" works as expected.

Cheers,

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux twofish 2.6.0-test3-looxt93c3 i686 GNU/Linux