Re: woody newbie help

mnicolet wrote:
Hello
I am a newbie to Linux, but not to the *NIX world. I allways tried Debian
distros. But I had no time to go too far.
Now I installed woody ( bf2.4 ). All went ok exception of

1) My Debian box has a generic two button serial mouse. Using some utility
( don´t remember which one ), the mouse is correctly seen as attached to
/dev/ttyS0. Main parameters as shown by stty seems correct, by example baud
rate is 1200. /dev/mouse is a symlink to /dev/ttyS0.
When I configure XFree86, xf86config correctly guess what the mouse device
is.
But when X and KDE are up, I have no mouse response. Of course, I need to go
to console mode.
Is there a console mouse test and trouble-shooting utility ?
Am I doing something wrong ? Am I missing something ?

XFree86 may be conflicting with gpm. gpm works the mouse in console mode.
When the mouse works in the console, use gpm repeater mode to send mouse
events to X. Google will find lots of answers.