Re: Howto get one (1) file from an rpm ???

On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 18:09, Michael D Schleif wrote:
> First, I need to know -- for certain -- whether or not the file I am
> looking for is inside the RPM's that I have.
>
> Second, how can I extract that one (1) file from the RPM?

1st question: rpm -qpl filename

2nd question: not sure that it's possible directly using rpm. when I
have to unpack an rpm I usually do "rpm2cpio filename | cpio -i
--make-directories" I think you can append a filename to the end of the
cpio command to specify which file to extract

you might try looking at rpm --help or man rpm

-Mark