Testing->Unstable question

On a laptop I had only sources for stable and testing.
I had also just done apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade.

I then added unstable to sources.list and created apt.conf:

laptop:~$ cat /etc/apt/apt.conf
APT::Default-Release "testing";
APT::Cache-Limit 10000000;

and then did another apt-get update to update my cache.

Then I did this:

laptop:/etc/apt# apt-get -s dist-upgrade

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  galeon galeon-common
  libasn1-6-heimdal libcomerr1-kerberos4kth libkrb-1-kerberos4kth
  libkrb5-17-heimdal libpq3 libroken16-kerberos4kth libwmf0.2-7 libxrender1
  mozilla-xft
The following packages have been kept back
  audacity eterm gaim imagemagick sox vorbis-tools
14 packages upgraded, 9 newly installed, 2 to remove and 6  not
upgraded.

Why is anything changing?  I didn't specify -t unstable to read in
packages from unstable, so I'm not clear why it would install anything
(since my "testing" machine was up to date).

The reason for adding the unstable sources was because I wanted a newer
version of mozilla.  I suppose I should quit being a weenie and just run
sid.

I also don't understand why those packages are "kept back".  Can someone
explain that?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org