Re: java vm plugin under mozilla/galeon?

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 the mental interface of
Micha Feigin told:

> How do I enable the java vm plugin?
>
> I tried installing both suns jre1.4 and the debian packages of
> balckdown's j2sdk, both of which claim to supply a java plugin but its
> still doesn't seem to be recognised.
> Plugin doesn't appear under mozilla's installed plugin page under the
> help menu.

Which version of moz?

[...]

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 the mental interface of
Micha Feigin told:

[...]

> I checked that its pointing correctly:
>
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/javaplugin_oji.so ->
> /etc/alternatives/javaplugin_oji.so
>
> and
>
> /etc/alternatives/javaplugin_oji.so ->
> /usr/lib/j2se/1.3/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so
>
> and still mozilla and galeon don't seem to recognize the java plugin. It
> is recognising the other plugins in the directory. This also happend
> with java j2re 1.4.1.
> Could mozplugger be causing this?

As of mozilla 1.3 debian version you have to compile j2re with gcc
version mozilla is compiled with. google for +"j2re 1.4.1" + gcc
3.2.1 an you'll find a solution ;-)

Ciao

Elimar

--