Re: java vm plugin under mozilla/galeon?

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 02:31, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
>  --- Micha Feigin <michf@math.tau.ac.il> escribió:
> > How do I enable the java vm plugin?
> >
> > I tried installing both suns jre1.4 and the debian packages of
> > balckdown's j2sdk, both of which claim to supply a java plugin but its
> > still doesn't seem to be recognised.
> > Plugin doesn't appear under mozilla's installed plugin page under the
> > help menu.
> >
> > Thanx
> >

> as root, execute 'ln -s
> /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.1/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/javaplugin_oji.so' and then restart Mozilla
>
> (change the directory of your JRE install if necessary)
>
> -Roberto

> Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
> Super Webcam, voz, caritas animadas, y más...
> http://messenger.yahoo.es

I checked that its pointing correctly:

/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/javaplugin_oji.so ->
/etc/alternatives/javaplugin_oji.so

and

/etc/alternatives/javaplugin_oji.so ->
/usr/lib/j2se/1.3/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so

and still mozilla and galeon don't seem to recognize the java plugin. It
is recognising the other plugins in the directory. This also happend
with java j2re 1.4.1.
Could mozplugger be causing this?