Re: nvidia geforce 4 ti 4800 not working in debian

Roman Joost <romanjoost@gmx.de> writes:

> I have a nasty problem with my nvidia geforce 4 ti 4800, if i start my x
> server (unstable). After the nvidia splash appears, my system locks up.
>
> Is there someone outthere, who have the same graficcard and maybe the
> same problem (solved) ??

I had a nvidia card before. I just gave up on the nvidia drivers and
used the nv module of XFree86. I don't know if XFree86 supports
geforce 4 with the nv driver. If not then you can probably use the
vesa driver.

After a while I got tired of that and switched to an ati video
card. It works very well with the drivers that are in XFree86.

Bijan