Re: xcdroast coasters

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:58, Tom Allison wrote:
> bob parker wrote:

> Ok Bob, I'll try what you suggested.  Although I have to admit that being
> lazy and running with GUI's is sometimes preferred..

I'm totally lazy and when I get to know what works I bury the command with
its options in a script. Far too lazy to go waving rodents around finding
buttons :-)

> mkisofs -o /tmp/schwinke.img /home/schwinke/
> came out OK so I tried the following
>
> bash-2.05b$ cdrecord --scanbus
> Cdrecord 2.01a07 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2003 J?rg Schilling

I'm way back at version 1.11

> bash-2.05b$ cdrecord -dummy dev=0,1,0 /tmp/schwinke.img

try cdrecord -v -dummy dev=0,1,0 /tmp/schwinke.img

to get a more verbose output.  It will tell you about fifo under-runs if any.

I don't know anything about the ATAPI stuff you mentioned, does it mean you
are running with really old hard drives?

Bob