Re: Ext3 on root

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 09:58:11AM +0700, Oki DZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to convert my root partition into ext3fs. I have read some of
> the howto's, but some of them explain about the usage of initrd.

Only matters if you use a kernel with an initrd. If not, just make sure
that ext3 is compiled in and you'll be fine. If yes, then you need to
make sure that the initrd contains the ext3 module.

> I'm thinking that if I could just run the tune2fs and add the journal to
> the partition, then change the entry in /etc/fstab (into ext3) and
> reboot, everything should be fine. Would it?

Yes.

> I use Grub, and since it can read ext2fs, there should be no problem on
> booting.

No, there shouldn't

Stephen Rüger

--
> Almost any animal is capable learning a stimulus/response association,
> given enough repetition.
Experimental observation suggests that this isn't true if double-clicking
is involved. - Lionel, Malcolm Ray, asr.