nvidia back too was Re: NVidia and orinoco

I've now got my video card working as well. :)

The steps I was missing from my previous email are as follows:
(NB this is for the latest debian packages under unstable: 1.0.4349)
	- cd /usr/src/nvidia-glx<version>
	- dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc
	- cd /usr/src
	- dpkg -i nvidia-glx*deb
	(ignore errors about -dev not working, I didn't bother to install
	the related xlibmesa3-glu-dev related files)
	- vi /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
	confirm the following:
	- under Modules
		- Load "glx"
		remove: "dri", "GLCore"
	- under Devices
		the driver should be "nvidia"
		(not "nv" or the old "NVdriver" from my old kernel)
	- startx to get into fluxbox
	- vi /etc/modules and comment out the old reference to NVdriver

I'm just about to try a full reboot into the new kernel. :)

emma <-- I'm now back to where I was but I still don't have sound or
ACPI...but they should at least be compiled into the kernel as modules
now. That'll be my next email. :)

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]