Re: Automounting

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 01:41 pm, Johan Svedberg wrote:
> Hi, everybody!
>
> I'm having some problems automounting Windows shares from my Debian
> GNU/Linux system running unstable. However, mounting it manually with:

2 things:

1: From what you posted it appears you are trying to automount the C: drive,
ie, most likely a hard drive.  Is there a reason you don't simply have it
mount automatically at bootup via fstab?  (ie, no need for automounter)

2: if this is something other than a hard drive, you might look into
supermount.  supermount makes mounting essentially the same as it is on
windows.  discs are mounted when insterted, and unmounted when you hit the
eject button.

Supermount is a kernel patch:
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~quintela/supermount/

-jason pepas