Re: chrony (was: Speaking of ntp, yes CD-R does mess with the clock!)

On Sat, 2002-12-28 at 19:57, John Hasler wrote:
> Bill Moseley writes:
> > So the confusing thing is the startup scripts.  /etc/rc2.d/S14ppp runs
> > before /etc/rc2.d/S83chrony.  For some reason it all works now, but it
> > looks like it's possible that the ppp connection could come up before the
> > S83chrony script runs which means that /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/chrony could try
> > to "online" chrony before chrony is running and listening for commands.
>
> > Again, it seems like it works now, but it looks like a potential problem
> > if the ppp connection comes up fast.  Is this true, or have I missed
> > something in the ppp setup that makes sure it waits long enough for
> > startup to complete before bringing up the connection?
>
> That's a bug.  Please file a bug report.

I believe this is what I get here (and still have, though it doesn't
seem to do any harm)
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200207/msg01290.html (note that the mentiond switching of ISPs included switching the external IF from eth0 to pppoe, which I had forgotten to mention in this mail) and here
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200207/msg02241.html