Re: exim reject most of a domain

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 02:53:32PM +0000, Steve Haslam wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 11:21:00AM -0800, Michael West wrote:
> >      How would I configure exim to reject most of a domain?
> >
> >      I have read the exim spec on host_reject, sender_reject,
> >      host_reject_recipients etc, but am not sure.
> >
> >      If I want to reject all mail from aol except for mail from one
> >      account I think it might be:
> >
> >      sender_reject ! niceperson@aol.com : aol.com
>
> sender_reject = !niceperson@aol.com : aol.com
>  perhaps.
>
> Try try sth like
>
> exim -bh 64.12.136.89
>
> and type these commands:
>
>  MAIL FROM:<niceuser@aol.com>
>  RSET
>  MAIL FROM:<otheruser@aol.com>
>  RSET
>  QUIT
>
> and look at the output. Do you get 5xx rejections from otheruser@aol.com?

     That works!  Thanks Steve.

          ~Michael

For those of you following along at home, Alan idea of testing with:

exim -bt -f niceperson@aol.com

doesn't work here because it bypasses the global settings and heads
directly for the routers,directors,and transports.  With exim -bh you
can test rbl lists, host_reject, helo_verify and all that other spam
reducing stuff.

     Thanks again!