Wireless networking question

Hi,

I've recently bought a notebook, and I'm planning to buy
a wireless network card (PCMCIA) for it as well.

My question is, that the notebook also contains a built in
100 MBit NIC, and I'm not sure whether I'd need to do anything
special to make the two work together...

Presuming that installing the wireless NIC goes well,
if I assign it the next available IP on the same subnet than
the 100 MBit is on, would it work automatically?

If I then disconnect the fixed ethernet cable to move around,
would all trafic then automatically be routed through the
other NIC?

Even more interestingly, if I then reconnect the 100 MBit cable,
would it automatically recognise that that interface is much faster
then the wireless one? Or would the bandwidth of the two always be
combined?

Many thanks for your help in advance!
regards,
Balazs