RE: KDE still won't load completly

> It may be a problem with X instead of with KDE. If there are any other
> wm's listed in the KDM menus, such as ICEWM or WindowMaker, try one of
> those. Also, take KDM out of the picture. Ctrl-Alt-F1 to switch to the
> first virtual terminal, create the files .xinitrc and .xsession, with
> the single line
>     icewm
> and make sure icewm is installed (apt-get install icewm), then run
> "startx -- :1" which will start a second instance of X on the second X
> display (VT7).

I installed icewm and it works just fine. I don't really want to install
gnome, because I prefere KDE and don't have enough diskspace to just try
gnome out, but I bet it would work.

> Sometimes a font problem will prevent X from starting up; sometimes not.
> If there aren't any other errors, then yeah, installing that package
> might help.

Nope, the package xfonts-pex did not help. However the pex-related
error-message is gone. But it still crashes with a "signal 11" when kde is
"initializing peripherals".

> Kent

Thanks,
Daniel>