Re: fetchmail configuration

    "Sandip" == Sandip P Deshmukh <Sandip> writes:

    Sandip> fetchmail -d0 > flog & results in flog that looks like:

    Sandip> 1 message for deshmukh at 192.168.100.1 (955 octets).
    Sandip> reading message sandip.deshmukh@subdimension.com:1 of 1
    Sandip> (955 octets)
    Sandip> flushed

    Sandip> now, i want to know, what is this flushed? where has this
    Sandip> message gone?

It means fetchmail got your message, delivered it locally and flushed
your POP mailbox (I think that means it deleted the message on the
mailbox, but I can't remember for sure).

    Sandip> my /var/mail/sandip is 0 bytes

I hope you don't have a .procmailrc or .forward file.

Also, be sure you have something like

    user 'sandip.deshmukh@subdimension.com' there ... is sandip here

in your fetchmailrc config file. Look at that config file very
carefully (the -d0 flag you used kind of concerns me). Can you match
each of those entries in the flog file with what you see being written
to /var/log/exim/mainlog? The exim log should tell you exactly where
the delivery went.

Like your exim set up, this *should* be working if you got the config
files set up ;-) Boy, I hope you enjoying this, because you could go
out and turn a lot off people off Debian otherwise!

Cheers!
Shyamal