Re: XServer

Guilherme A. Mendes, 2002-Oct-28 15:03 -0200:
>    Hi everyone,
>
>    This is my first message here...I hope I can learn and teach with you !
>    Well, I installed Debian 3.0 and the basic sytem. So, I downloaded the
>    XServer with tasksel. During the download, no problems, but when I tried
>    to start the xserver I got an error : "AddInit error on driver 0".
>
>    Then I tried to set it up again with dpkg-reconfigure and it didn't work
>    out, I got the same error.
>    My video card is a Intel i810, LG Monitor 15 Inches.
>
>    How may fix it ?
>    Thanks for all.

You can have XFree86 create a config file based on the detection of
the devices.  Run as root, "XFree86 -configure".  It may not find the
mouse correctly, to check the generated config file for that.  Also,
you may need to install a few packages to help detect the hardware,
such as discover and mdetect.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer