Re: Network Card for my Compaq Server

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Fabien Holler wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a Compaq Proliant ML 330, with a Compaq NC 3163 Fast Ethernet NIC. I
> don't think it's supported by the Debian distribution... So I wanted to

www.compaq.com/products/servers/linux/compaq-howto-v8-1.html

There is a table there, stating the controller is supported.  As well, it
helps you with the Adaptec controller that is onboard as well.

The drivers you want is the Intel eepro100 driver, these cards use an
Intel 8255x chipset.  My _guess_ is that the default kernel should work
with this?

As well, that page might help you with any other issues you come across.

> There is one 32 bits/33MHz PCI slots, and four 64 bits/33MHz PCI slots.
>
> Could you advice me on the cheapest ethernet card I could buy for it
> (supported EASILY by Debian)?

Any realtek 8139 based card should easily work, along with almost all
Intel or 3com cards.

Mike