Re: USB external modems

On my Compaq Presario (and by the way, I do not advise _anybody_ to
buy it ...! ) winmodem does work. There is a winmodem HOWTO and also check
for your model on line at www.linux-laptop.net - the chances are that
somebody already published a solution.

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Rhodri wrote :

» Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:30:55 +0000 (GMT)
» From: Rhodri <rhodriev@yahoo.co.uk>
» To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
» Subject: USB external modems
»
» Hi everybody
»
» I was unfortunate enough (or naive) to get a laptop
» with a winmodem inside. I then considered  to buy an
» external modem; I read lot about modems and I decided
» to buy an external serial port modem. So far so good,
» until I realized that my laptop does not come with any
» serial port for modems.
»
» Therefore, I had to think about a USB modem. However,
» it is said that USB external modems do not work with
» linux. On the contrary, there are few other places
» where it is said that USB external modems DO work with
» linux.
»
» Anybody (by chance) has (or knows anyone who has) an
» USB external modem working with linux (debian)?
»
» thanks lor for your patience
»
» Rhodri
»
» Do You Yahoo!?
» Everything you'll ever need on one web page
» from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts
» http://uk.my.yahoo.com
»
»
»