[OT] SSL certificates and daylight savings

Hi all,

This is not particularly related to debian but I hoped some SSL experts
out there could satisfy my curiousity.

Over the weekend I was trying to connect to my online banking (National
Australia Bank) and get a certificate error about not recognising the
issuer of the certificate for the page. This happened on all browsers
(galeon, netscape 4.7, 7) except IE 6. The certificate had been valid
since May and I had connected to the site the week before with no
problems. I realise I could have accepted the certificate and continued,
but I was a little hesitant to do so (being my bank account and all).

Anyway, I called the bank's technical support line to see if they knew
about the problem and they told me it was related to daylight savings
and would be fixed when their technical experts came in on Monday, but
he assured me there was no security problem with the site.

Now Melbourne did switch to daylight savings time in the early hours of
Sunday morning, and they did manage to fix the problem by Monday
afternoon, but I'm still curious as to what would cause that problem.

Does anybody know if a switch to daylight savings could cause a problem
with a site's certificate at all, let alone one with that error?

BTW - the working certificate today appears to have the same issuer as
the problematic one yesterday.

TIA for satisfying my curiousity

Bec