Re: Troubleshooting Mozilla

Mark Seven Smith <pampaluz@cox.net> writes:

> I accidentally visited a website that gave a bunch of pop-ups (I typed
> in the wrong URL), and blew Mozilla away.  when I re-loaded, I wanted to
> delete any cookies it left, but I cannot access the "Preferences" under
> the "Edit" menu.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> I can access the mail client, and the "Mail & Newwsgroup Account
> Settings" but if I try to access "Preferences" the browser window
> disappears!  (Along with the Mozilla mail as well).  Mozilla just
> completely dies.  I can re-load Mozilla, but I cannot ever get into the
> Preferences now.

Sounds like something you'll have to figure out by looking at comfig
files in ~/.mozilla/<yourprofile>/*/ where they're kept.
As a last resort, deleting your profile and starting anew should fix the
problem. If you do this, don't forget to back up your bookmarks and
prefs.js, assuming it isn't one of these that's causing the
problem... which gives me an idea: rename your profile, create a new
one, and copy the config files from your old profile to the new profile
one by one, until the browser starts crashing again. Then you'll know
what's causing the problem and, maybe, can file a bug report :-)

HTH