Domestic network!

Can you help me with some pointers for what, for me, is a major task?

Two, and in about a year three computers in our house - two running
debian woody, one running Winders 98.  I want to connect them so that we
can share files and printing services (coveting my wife's laser
printer!), the internet connection (dial-up) through a debian box.

I have not the first idea about the hardware side of this and only so
much on the software side as can be gleaned from the networking chapter
of "Running Linux".  Google gives me masses of stuff which seems to be
way over the top (read way over my head).

Can anyone point me to some basic documentation aimed at this kind of
network?

Thanks in advance

Glyn

--