Re: USB mouse on Toshiba Satellite 2800 Woody with kernel 2.2.20 and xfree-comm 4.1.0-16

Oliver Fuchs said:
> Hi all,
>
> I use a Logitech usb mouse on my Toshiba Satellite 2800 with Woody final
> and kernel 2.20 and xfree86-comm 4.1.0.-16. Configuration of XF86Config-4
> is:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
> 	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
> 	Driver		"mouse"
> 	Option		"CorePointer"
> 	Option		"Device"		"/dev/psaux"

If you are really using a USB mouse connected to a USB interface
you should be using /dev/usbmouse not /dev/psaux, I don't understand
why the mouse works at all on /dev/psaux if it's a USB mouse.

I usually setup on my laptops /dev/psaux for the primary pointer
then I setup /dev/usbmouse as a secondary pointer(pretty easy to
do in X4), so I can use both at the same time, also so that X
does not depend upon me having the USb trackball plugged in,
it works fine without it and I can plug it in at any point and
have it available immediately. I have this working on debian 3.0
with 2.2.19 and SuSE 8 with kernel 2.4.18, I really like the
setup since some laptops disable the internal mouse when a PS/2
mouse is connected to the PS/2 port, I like having both
pointers available.

nate