Re: FTP through ipmasq

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 10:12:56PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 12:57:32AM -0400, Simon Law wrote:
> > 	Make sure you are telling iptables that you want to accept
> > ESTABLISHED and RELATED connexions.  This will enable active FTP
> > support, if you have the FTP connexion tracking module enabled.
>
> OK...I haven't gotten into stateful firewalling much yet...could I get
> an example?

iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state INVALID -j DROP

are the first two rules in my INPUT chain.  After that, I open up a
couple more holes before REJECTing all other traffic.  Read Rusty's
HOWTOs on the subject matter.  They are very good.

Simon