Re: Kernel 2.4.18 and Unable to mount root fs on 03:02

* Charlie Grosvenor <charlie@cgrosvenor.co.uk>, 2002-08-09 08:17 -0400:
> Hi
> 	I have just upgraded my kernel from 2.4.18-bf to 2.4.18-686 when
> ever I try and boot using the new kernel I get the error "Kernel panic:
> VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:02". The 2.4.18-bf kernel will boot
> fine, the entries in lilo.conf are identical (apart from path to kernel
> image). I am running Debian woody, any body have any ideas how I can
> solve this?

Charlie,

you'd have to specify the location of your initial ram disk image,
like

image=/boot/vmlinuz
initrd=/boot/initrd.img
	label=Linux
	read-only

please don't just copy this, make sure the files/links exist. Then
run "lilo -v" and reboot.

-Andre