Re: OT: Flamebait: Text vs HTML email - Long message

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 05:51:48PM -0500, Kent West wrote:

> James asked "What can be expressed in HTML that can't be expressed as
> well, if not better, as an attachment?" The first thing that popped
> into my mind was multiple colours for quoting. Yes, yes, the > and >>
> and >>> suffice, but I think a case could be made that red for one
> person's quotes and blue for another's and black for a third's is more
> easily picked up by the brain.

With a properly configured mail client you can display different levels
of quotes in any color you like. If the author specifies black, where
does that leave me if I'm reading mail in a terminal with a black
background?

I suspect the real problem is that a lot of users don't use a good email
client, or if they do it's not properly configured.

--
 .~.
 /V\   Lance Simmons