Re: No IRQ known for ...

<quote who="Marcelo Chiapparini">

> How can I discover what IDE controller I am using? The kernel is
> compiled with the options
>
> - Generic PCI bus-master DMA-support
> - Use PCI DMA by default when available
>
> enabled. But not with the Ali M15x3 chipset support, because my
> motherboar is an ASUS A7A266 which uses Ali M1535D+. The Ali M1535
> suppot is not present as a compilation option for kernel 2.4.18.

ack! i was hoping i wouldn't have to answer that one .. I think
it can be tricky. are you using the onboard IDE controllers on
the motherboard? if so are you using both primary and secondary?
or just one ? if just one try moving the connector to the other
controller and see if the same message comes up(note the address).
or disconnect it entirely and boot from floppy and see what comes
up.

but it sounds like its a harmless message. also it helps to
be sure any "Plug and play" options are turned off in the bios
for maximum compadiblity.

nate